Sunday, June 15, 2008

Gavin's 1st Birthday
















I can't believe that I have a one year old. I don't have a baby any more which makes me sad, yet I love that he is getting older and showing more personality. Gavin starting walking without the walls and furniture on his birthday. I did a barnyard themed party and my nephew was so kind to bring his 20 year old pony to take the kids and/or adults for a ride. I made a cow cake that he was thrilled to dig into and make a mess. I had to stop him when he starting getting cake in his hair and we cleaned him off with the hose. The party was fun but I was quite exhausted and am glad it is all over, just 17 more to plan!!! It was awesome though and well worth the effort to make it fun for everyone.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I too can't believe you have a 1 year old. Time sure flies. That cow cake was darling, I didn't know you had great cake making skills! Thanks for the photos!
Emily

Danielle said...

that looks like it was a lot of fun! Kudos on the horse and everything- sheesh! I never doubted your party throwing skills...Awesome!

Brooke said...

He is adorable! Love the hands in the cake!

Anonymous said...

I love it. That's fabulous. Seriously, awesome cake!

Elizabeth said...

Hey, I love your blog; thanks for sharing! That's an impressive cake!

It was fun seeing you at the shower! You should visit my blog sometime--I just started getting into it. It will be fun to stay in touch this way! Your son is adorable! Take care
Lizzy

LBP said...

Hey girl! I stalked you on Dee's blog. The pictures she posted of you and Erica are adorable. I miss you guys. Cutest baby ever and awesome b-day party.

val said...

I'm sure you know about the reunion but just making sure. Check out wjhs98.myevent.com for details. Please come!

Brooke said...

Mel- we need updates!! ;) Let's do another park day soon! (Did Erica have her baby yet?)

EngineeringNerd said...

That looks like a fun party! Sorry to leave this comment here but I was wondering if you guys are planning on going to the reunion? Just seeing if I'll see enough friends to make it worth going.

Rob Snow

Danielle said...

What? Do we have to wait for Gavin to turn 2 for another post from you?

Seriously....

Where the crap are you? I'm gonna have to get all 'nineties' and call you on the phone?

Tammy said...

Melanie:
You have a really cute blog. It is not any less fancy than mine. I had so much fun visiting with you guys tonight. Your baby and your husband are adorable. Love ya tons, Tammy