Thursday, September 11, 2008

Highlights of Our Summer

Because I seem to fail at the weekly or daily blogging, I decided to take a moment and just share our highlights from our summer so far. We have had a fantastic summer and I can't believe it is coming to a end. Starting with the most recent:
  • A nephew leaving on a mission to New Zealand on my birthday. LUCKY!
  • We became first time Great Aunt and Uncle on September 8th.
  • My divorced brother announced his engagement to a girl we have met once. Shouldn't I be excited?
  • Jet skiing in Preston in the most glass like lake I had been to. During this short stay our 2 year old nephew sprayed jet ski degreaser all over his privates when no one was looking. In screaming agony he pulled down his underwear and said "Daddy, kiss my owey".
  • Surprising Jeff with a nice date for our 3 year 1st date anniversary on August 20th. We enjoyed an awesome stake dinner and Ruth Chris's.
  • Going to Lagoon on "Walmart-Employee" day (I wouldn't recommend it)!
  • Attending my 10 year anniversary. It was fun seeing friends but disappointing that the people I wanted to see that I haven't seen in years, didn't attend.
  • A new niece born July 24th Josie Pulley.
  • Painting our laundry room lime green. It's fun but don't forget your sunglasses.
  • Quiting Work in July. There's nothing like being a stay at home mom. I love it...I love it...I love it.
  • Discovering after Gavin started screaming frantically over nothing that he cutout a large piece of his cornea with his finger nail. OUCH! Thankfully the eye is quick healing and after a few days it had healed over.
  • Spelling my name with my butt in front of the Rose Creek 1st ward during Heber Valley Stake Young Women's camp to rescue our Stake YW President. How embarrassing! Camp lasted a week and I did other skits and stuff to embarrass myself. Although I came home emotionally, and physically drained I had such a great time getting to know the girls in our Stake. I have the best calling!
  • Getting in a laughing match with my 15th month old.
  • Purchasing Cold Play tickets for a concert in November.
  • River rafting in Idaho on a family reunion trip. Like a dork I got our canoe singing row row row your boat in beautiful harmony. Jeff just looked at me half smiling & half shaking his head.
  • Going on a two week Mediterranean cruise with Jeff's family. It was truly amazing and the best vacation I have ever been on.


6 comments:

Brooke said...

Love the cute new pictures on the blog page. And I am way jealous of the cruise- that is on my 'want-to-do' list!
You live so close- we should really get together again with the kids. It is retarded that all of us girls manage to see each other only once every 2 or 3 years!

Jessica said...

Oh how much fun our summer has been! Thanks for playing cards with Shane and I the other night - i'm so glad we won!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Sorry... I posted the previous comment under Adrian's account so I had to delete it.
Sounds like a fun summer! Adrian and I have our 4 year anniversary coming up next month. We're also planning on going to Ruth's Chris. Do you recommend it?
By the way, Gavin is adorable!

Danielle said...

OK- so it's fall. I guess you should just call me because this blogging relationship is seriously suffering. I feel like I'm the only one posting.

Azy said...

melanie
hey so we said we would be bloggin buddies and then i couldn't find you. and i ran into you again so i thought i would say hi!
azy