Thursday, November 6, 2008

I love the Fall














































This fall has been such a great one. Jeff and I celebrated our 29 year of life. He is two week older and still thinks being older is a cool thing!! Honestly...I can't believe I am almost 30. We have been busy trying to work on projects around the yard. A guy from our ward asked if Jeff started up a construction company. It made me laugh. He borrowed his dad's bobcat and he and his brother and nephew laid cement to extend our patio and have a place for a shed. He also made me a good size area for a garden which I am way excited to have. Jeff is so amazing. After a long day of laying cement he went over to his nieces house to help lay their hardwood floor in which he said he was working like a maniac. Seriously I don't know how he does it, but he amazes me all the time.


I am still trying my hand at the domestic life. My mother-in-law taught me how to bottle peaches and this week I am dehydrating apples. As lame as it sounds I have enjoyed both of them.


But for real fun I finally saw the theater production of THRILLER with Jeff and his family. It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend seeing it. I also went with an old friend Brooke Adamson to the Scarecrow Festival by Thanksgiving Point and Gavin loved it. He laughed the whole way through the haunted house. I also went to Gardner Village to see the witches a couple of times which is also way fun.


Halloween was a blast taking Gavin around for the first time Trick-Or-Treating. He looked so darn cute I could have eaten him up.


I hope everyone is having a great fall too!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah- another post :)
Your little guy looks adorable in his lion costume :) And did you dye your hair!?!

Emily said...

Melanie! I LOVE your dark hair!!! You look so cute, but it's a little weird seeing you not blonde. Little Gavin's costume was dang cute! And, I'm totally jealous of your drying and bottling activities, I so wish I could be domestic like that! You're too cute. Glad to see another post! Love ya and miss ya!

Danielle said...

I love your hair. We need to get together.

So many funny stories to tell you.

Michelle Montgomery said...

I loved his cute little lion outfit! I'm glad you are all having a good fall!

Rachel said...

I love your hair darker. Your son is adorable! He looks so cute. Larry had a great time seeing you at Chris' wedding. Take care. I'm adding you to my blog, hope you don't mind. ours is http://salingship.blogspot.com