Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grandpa's 90th Birthday Party

I was so excited to throw a birthday party for my Grandpa Schutz. He has always been the most kind and loving Grandpa. His health has really deteriorated and he told my dad that this was probably the last year of his life. Unfortunately my dad is the only child they have in Utah so it was a small party. We made a nice dinner and then I had everyone write letters and notes that we put in the bucket below. My Grandpa was so surprised and grateful.

Since his birthday on February 5, his health has gotten much worse. He thinks he only has a few weeks to live. When I was talking to him the other day he said he was ready to die but then started to cry and said, I just don't know how to leave Grandma. Grandma is 92 and super healthy. I am hoping to take as many opportunities as I can with my Grandpa before it is too late. He is one of the most amazing people that I have ever met and I love him so much.














2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's always hard to say good-bye. Happy Birthday G-pa!

Brooke said...

That is really hard. Take advantage of every moment you have with him.