
My first picture with Grandpa!

It was a really neat experience for me to be with my grandpa when he passed away on Friday. The spirit was very strong. My uncle told us the night before Grandpa said his mother had come to visit him. The hospice nurse said, "Isn't it just like a mother to get her baby". I thought it was very sweet. It was neat for me to see how much my grandpa had impacted the hospice nurses, bishop, neighbors and friends. He was always such a great example to me and my family it was just fun to see how that had spread out to so many people. My grandpa died on March 27th exactly 65 years after his father. I know his reunion in heaven was incredible.
I love my grandpa and I am so greatful to know that I will see him again.
5 comments:
What sweet memories and pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank goodness for the gospel and the reunions that await us.
Melanie,
Finally remembered to check out your blog! I am so sad to hear about your Grandpa. I hope everyone is doing okay.
Your birthday paint pail turned out really cute. Except I seem to remember cutting out letters that aren't shown on your picture! j/k You did a great job. I bet your Grandpa loved it.
-Melissa
Melanie,
I am so glad to find you in the blogging world! I hope you dont mind if I start blog stalking you.
I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa! He sounds like an amazing man!
Mindy
Melanie,
I'm so happy to find your blog (blog hopped from Jaymie's) but sad to hear about your grandpa. He sounds like a great man & he left a great imprint on the world but at least you know you will see him again. What a wonderful blessing that is!!! I hope all is well with you. The last few times I ran into you, I left feeling like I should have got your number & wished we could have talked more. You have a darling family! I hope that it's ok if I check your blog occasionally to keep in touch. If you want to check mine, it's racenmommy.blogspot.com
Christy Galberth Morton~
Hey Mel- a couple of us WJ girls are meeting at the zoo this Friday at 10:30am (janessa, Francine, Dorothy, etc). Can you come??? Would love to see you? And will you call and invite Erica- I don't have any contact info for her (which is lame!)Email me if you need more info rodeback6@netzero.net. Hope you can make it!
Post a Comment